Learn Italian in Rome
Welcome to Rome, the city of meetings
Rome is the meeting of ancient and modern, between Ancient Roman monuments and contemporary architectural works (the Maxxi museum by Zaha Hadid, the auditorium of Renzo Piano, the Ara pacis Museum), as well as Baroque masterpieces.
Rome is the meeting between the sacred and the secular, between hugely important places of worship (the Vatican and churches, the Jewish ghetto and the Synagogue; the Mosque) and the nightlife offered by places in the centre, in Testaccio and in Trastevere.
The Leonardo da Vinci school is a meeting place. The meeting between fantasy and the preparation of the teachers; the meeting between the rules of the language and practicing real communication, the meeting between people from more than 90 different countries who come to learn and enjoy the Italian language.
The Leonardo da Vinci school is your window to Rome and to all of Italy. It's about learning Italian. It's about following your passions. It's a continous adventure through art, cooking and Italian fashion.
Central. Located two steps from Piazza Navona and a few small streets away from Castel Sant'Angelo, the striking Palazzo del Banco di Santo Spirito is home to the school. A mix between ancient ambience and modern life, where people from different countries and cultures meet with a passion and an objective in common: to learn Italian.
Organised and interactive. What we offer is an immersion in Italian language, which is engaging and focused, ranging from 'survival' in Italian, to specialized and academic language. Whether you choose individual or group classes, with us you will learn grammar, immediately putting it into practice.
Stimulating. The key elements of the lessons are communication and interaction. The idea is to learn a living, vibrant language. The Scuola Leonardo da Vinci does not offer just teaching of the language, but also extra, educational 'free time' activities, where you learn about history of art, fashion and food.
Professional. The reception staff, capable and always ready to help; the teachers who are full of energy; our effective and fun teaching methods…everything is at your service.
- We respond to your questions and bookings within 24 hours on working days.
- A maximum of 12 students per group for all group language courses.
- You can always extend your course during your stay without any extra administrative costs.
- We guarantee that all students who have studied for 3 consecutive months (12 weeks) in our school will be able to apply for the DILI intermediate exam of the Accademia Italiana di Lingua. They will be able to apply for the DALI advanced exam after 6 months of consecutive studies.
- Our school is certfied for security standards and for access for the disabled.
- Students are insured against any injury they may experience inside the school building, during the activities organised by the school and during their way to school.
- Our school can provide general medical and dental assistance with English-speaking doctors.
- The school secretary is at the service of students for every information. The students can see the secretary whenever they need some extra help.
- On your first course day, you receive a Scuola Leonardo da Vinci student card with which you receive discounts in various museums, restaurants, discos, internet cafés, sports facilities, etc.
- We offer a pick-up service from train stations and airports. You only need to inform us one week in advance of your arrival time and place (and flight or train number).
- Help and advice in case of illness.
- Common room where you can meet with your fellow students.
- Free Internet access.
- Public telephone and Email facilities.
- Free receipt of faxes and emails. Faxes can also be sent from the school for a fee.
Why Us? Why our Italian language school in Rome?
- Founded in 1984, we have years of experience and specialise in teaching Italian in Italy
- School located in the city center
- Officially authorized by the Italian Ministry of Education
- Our Italian School in Rome has obtained the International quality assurance Certificate ISO 9001:2008, as a quality school of Italian language for foreigners, and has regular inspections to ensure that high standards are maintained.
- Officially recognized by the department of Education of Lazio Region.
- Free Internet access for our students.
- Equipped for handicapped students
- Friendly and helpful staff that give personal attention to each student
- Professional and young teachers all of whom have studied at the University level and who have been specially trained in teaching Italian to foreigners
- Italian at every level, all year round
- Small study groups
- After 1, 3 or 6 months the AIL-exam "Firenze" (Accademia Italiana di Lingua) DELI/DILI/DILC/DALI/DALC can be taken.
- A whole range of activities offered for students to gain insight into the Italian culture
- Variety of students from over 50 countries study at our Scuola Leonardo da Vinci school.